Email Validation Services: What Is It And How It Works?
Did you know that if more than 10% of your email list is invalid, email service providers may deliver only half of your emails? Recent declines in your open rates might be because the emails you sent didn’t make it to the recipient’s inbox. Email validation services are used to solve this issue.
It is predicted that 21% of the average B2B email list will be invalid after twelve months. Despite the better B2C numbers, email list degradation remains a severe problem.
Jupiter Research found over 20% of email registrations contained errors. Your list may now also include an additional batch of invalid emails. Bounced, blacklisted, or SPAM trap emails will hurt your list regardless of their origin.
How does Email Validation work?
Validating an email address involves confirming that it exists. An email validation service compares a given email address to its service provider (i.e., Gmail, Yahoo, or Hotmail) to determine if it is valid or not.
An email validation tool, for example, will flag an incorrect and invalid email address if a customer enters a typographical error in their email address when signing up. Additionally, the tool can catch spammy email addresses and misdirection created this way as well.
In what ways does Email Validation work?
You must first bulk upload your list of email addresses. Using email validation tools, you can determine whether the address is valid, risky, or invalid.
- Valid: This indicates that the email address exists and it is free of errors.
- Risky: It’s possible that this address still results in a bounce because it exists, but there are other factors to consider.
- Invalid: An invalid email address contains syntax, DNS, or mailbox errors
A valid email list is beneficial to your email marketing campaigns.
- Removing all invalid emails from your list improves email deliverability up to 98%.
- By maintaining a high Sender Score, you can increase deliverability.
- Avoiding sending emails to inactive subscribers will save you money and increase ROI.
- The number of emails you receive means a more significant number of opens and clicks and a better performance in general.
There are various methods for validating emails:
- When a customer types in their email address, you can add an automatic completion feature that allows them to pick the right address. This reduces the risk of human error when entering data manually
- Consider using an email list verification free tool that can give you instant feedback on whether an email address is valid.
- The best way to validate email addresses is to use double opt-in. As soon as customers sign up for your newsletter or email list, send them an email asking them to confirm their subscription by responding. Some people do not like this option because it may decrease opt-in rates, but we believe it is better to have accurate data.